Have you ever looked at your life and thought, “Is this really all there is?”
Made for More is your personal guide through six often untold and underemphasized biblical stories that address:
- Where is God? in rejection, betrayal, loss, and abuse
- Does God care? about your fear, sadness, anxiety, and frustration.
- What can God do? to take back every last piece of your story (even the mistakes).
What you see around you right now is not all there is. You were made for more.
Supplemental video teachings available through the PlusONE Parents Collective All Access Membership
Three words every abuse survivor must hear—God hates abuse.
Have you ever been told, “Be the best Christian you can be—God will change his heart”? Or perhaps, “Perhaps you’re doing something that is making her so angry”? When it comes to dealing with abuse, this is the kind of advice many Christians are given, often by even the most well-intended people helpers.
There’s one core problem with these statements: They’re unbiblical.
Safe Haven is a biblically-based guide to abuse, giving you the tools you need to identify it, respond to it, and heal from it. In this devotional, you’ll learn how:
- The Bible teaches you to spot abusers in a variety of relationship types
- Jesus counsels you to handle abusive people
- The Word trains you to respond to someone’s attempts to abuse you
- God can rebuild you and strengthen your faith in the aftermath of abuse
Michelle lays bare the motivations, manipulations, and common tactics of abusers. Pastors, friends, counselors and of course the abused will all be fortified, blessed and equipped by reading this seminal work on abuse. In a word, I found this book to be nothing less than brilliant.
–Gary Thomas, Author of Sacred Marriage and When to Walk Away
In just ONE class, you’ll learn:
- Why red flags matter in the first place.
- The obvious (and not-so-obvious) signs of emotionally unhealthy or abusive people
- How to identify a person who won’t commit (before you do!)
- What you need to know to meet a Godly match