Three words every abuse survivor must hear—God hates abuse.
Have you ever been told, “Be the best Christian you can be—God will change his heart”? Or perhaps, “Perhaps you’re doing something that is making her so angry”? When it comes to dealing with abuse, this is the kind of advice many Christians are given, often by even the most well-intended people helpers.
There’s one core problem with these statements: They’re unbiblical.
Safe Haven is a biblically-based guide to abuse, giving you the tools you need to identify it, respond to it, and heal from it. In this devotional, you’ll learn how:
- The Bible teaches you to spot abusers in a variety of relationship types
- Jesus counsels you to handle abusive people
- The Word trains you to respond to someone’s attempts to abuse you
- God can rebuild you and strengthen your faith in the aftermath of abuse
Safe Haven is a tool suited for any survivor of abuse—whether woman or man. It’s also a resource to aid in recovering from abuse in nearly every context—whether the abuse was perpetrated in a marriage, at the hands of a parent, or by another influential person in your life. If you’ve been crushed, controlled, betrayed, manipulated, or exploited by someone you thought you could trust, this book is for you.
Safe Haven is now available on paperback, eBook, and audiobook.
Michelle lays bare the motivations, manipulations, and common tactics of abusers. Pastors, friends, counselors and of course the abused will all be fortified, blessed and equipped by reading this seminal work on abuse. In a word, I found this book to be nothing less than brilliant.
–Gary Thomas, Author of Sacred Marriage and When to Walk Away
Have you ever looked at your life and thought, "It's not supposed to be this way?"
What if God actually agrees?
Made for More
a 6-week Bible study for seasons of disappointment.
In this study, we look at how Scripture reveals:
- Where God is in the midst of heartbreak, rejection, betrayal, loss, and abuse
- How God draws near through doubt, discouragement, anxiety, loneliness, and lack
- What God does to redeem every last piece of your story (even the mistakes)
Made for More is more than a Bible study—it’s a 30-day journey in experiencing God’s redemption in your heart and home.
What you see right now is not all that there is. You were made for more.
Included in the plusOne parents collective all access membership level
Red flags in dating:
What they Mean
(& how to make sure you don't miss them)
In just ONE class, you’ll learn:
- Why red flags matter in the first place.
- The obvious (and not-so-obvious) signs of emotionally unhealthy or abusive people
- How to identify a person who won’t commit (before you do!)
- What you need to know to meet a Godly match